Cosmopolitan, London are looking for a talented Picture Editor to be responsible for all aspects of imagery including picture research, photographic commissions, sourcing locations, feature shoot models, on-set shoot direction, props and studios and ensuring the smooth running of the Picture Desk. You will maintain the highest standard of picture material on the magazine pages, in accordance with editorial standards and schedules.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Establish and maintain good relationships with all contributors, picture agencies and team members.
• Attend regular meetings to contribute ideas and discuss the visual treatment, i.e. picture research, photographic shoot or illustration.
• Provide all photographers/agencies/illustrators with a detailed brief (written and verbal) and negotiate rates.
• Ensure licensed images and commissioned shoots are within budget, and track all costings.
• Co-ordinate front of book shoots from start to finish, i.e. liaise with all relevant parties, book locations/studios, arrange transport, delivery of props etc.
• Keep track of content shared images via the network, and report monthly usage.
• Send commissioning forms via the online Concur system and establish copyright, ensuring Rights are correct on Censhare. Check and sign invoices and process via MIC.
• Ensure that picture deadlines are always met.
• Maintain an organized and accessible digital filing system for all photographic material by feature/issue. To maintain excellent documentation on all pictures and model releases.
• Ensure pictures are ready within specific deadlines with all picture credits correctly indicated.
• Maintain the Picture Budget Document
• Ability to establish and maintain good relations with picture agencies, contributors and own team.
• Experience in liaising with picture agencies to establish the brief and research their libraries.
• Experience in shoot production and on-set direction.
• Ability to liaise with model agencies and keep casting files up to date
• Confident in liaising with International Editions
• Experience in an administrative role on a Picture desk.
• Interest and enthusiasm for photography and magazines
• Excellent organisation and administrative skills
• Calm under pressure, fast worker
• Fast learner, team player, approachable and self-motivated